Qalyptus March 2023
We are happy to announce the release of the Qalyptus March 2023 version. This new version comes with many new features, improvements, and bug fixes. Most of the new features are for Qalyptus Cloud to add features already existing on Qalyptus Server and not yet on Qalyptus Cloud.
Here are the new features of this version:
- Synchronize Qlik Sense apps and refresh metadata improved
- Improve the quality of the images exported as images
- Customize the decimal and thousand separators in PDF files created with Excel
- Improvements in the report template editor
- Support using Microsoft Outlook 365 with modern authentication
- Exporting extension objects as an image improved
- Other improvements and bug fixes
1- Synchronize Qlik Sense apps and refresh metadata improved (Qalyptus Cloud)
The improvements in synchronization of your Qlik Sense apps and the app metadata allow you to refresh the app metadata in your Qalyptus profile and from the report template editor.
You can now see each app’s stream and last refresh date. You can also easily open the app in Qlik Sense.
2- Improve the quality of the images exported as images (Qalyptus Cloud)
The quality of the objects exported as an image is improved. This concerns only native Qlik Sense charts and tables.
3- Customize the decimal and thousand separators in PDF files created with Excel (Qalyptus Cloud and Qalyptus self-hosted)
Excel uses the decimal and thousand separators define in the user settings. When the report is generated in another environment, the decimal and thousand separators can differ from those of the user who created the report.
When you preview an Excel report in PDF format, Qalyptus will use the decimal and thousand separators defined in your Excel settings.
Qalyptus will save your settings in the report to use the same decimal and thousand separators when you generate the report with a task.
In Qalyptus Cloud, you can customize the decimal and thousand separators for each report generated via a task.
4- Improvements in the report template editor
In the report template editor, you can now see the app stream and open the app in Qlik Sense.
5- Support using Microsoft Outlook 365 with modern authentication
If you want to use your Office Outlook 365 account to send emails, you can now add your account with modern authentication (OAuth2). You don’t need to save your email and password on Qalyptus.
6- Exporting extension objects as an image improved
Qlik Sense does not support extension objects as an image. Qalyptus has a process that allows exporting your third-party charts (like Vizlib) as an image. We have improved that process to allow you to export the extension objects in the best possible quality.
7- Other improvements and bug fixes
- Fix of the bug: “Authentication required” in Qalyptus Desktop and Qalyptus Server.
- Fix of the bug: In some situations, filters are not applied as expected in Qalyptus Cloud.
- Improve exporting Qlik Sense objects when there is a temporary downtime of Qlik Sense services.
- Fix of the bug: Cannot access the Status page when the log file name contains invalid characters
- Other improvements.