Qalyptus September 2022
We are happy to announce the release of the Qalyptus September 2022 version. This new version comes with many new features, improvements, and bug fixes. Here are the new features of this version:
- Support Identity Providers (SSO/SAML) in Qalyptus Server Enterprise
- Customize Qalyptus Server Enterprise with your brand (colors and logo)
- Manage multiple Organizations (Multi-tenancy)
- Improvements and bug fixes
1- Support Identity Providers (SSO/SAML) in Qalyptus Server Enterprise
In addition to authentication with Windows credentials and email/password, Qalyptus now supports SAML 2 authentication using Identity Providers like Okta, Auth0, Azure AD, Ping Identity, …
Authentication with SAML is also available in our Qlik Sense extensions: Qalyptus On-demand and Qalyptus Self-Reporting.
You can configure one or more Identity Providers.
Qalyptus On-Demand authentication settings
2- Customize Qalyptus with your brand (logo and colors)
Do you want Qlik Sense and Qalyptus to look like fit into your branding? create custom themes with your company’s design: logo and colors.
You are NETFLIX, and you want that your users access Qlik Sense apps, reports, resources,…etc in a platform that respects your brand…
3- Manage multiple Organizations (Multi-tenancy)
This feature brings a lot of flexibility to the management of your users and content in Qalyptus. You can create several organizations to separate the users and the content (Projects, reports, tasks, resources, Qlik Apps). Each organization will have its members, content, authentication types, and theme.
You can imagine different scenarios when you need to have several organizations.
- When you have different subsidiaries. Create an organization for each subsidiary; separate members, the content, and the theme (each subsidiary with its logo and colors). When a user of subsidiary A creates a task, he only can use the reports and the recipients in subsidiary A.
- When you manage apps and reports for Employees and Customers. Create two organizations; separate the content, the members, and the authentication method (Example: LDAP authentication for employees and SAML authentication for customers)
- You are Qlik OEM or MSP (Managed Service Provider) Partner. Separate your customer’s content and apply your brand. You will offer an amazing experience to the users; they will find in one place their apps, mashups, reports, resources, subscriptions to reports, …etc.
- Many other scenarios can be imagined depending on your industry and the needs of your business.
4- Improvements and bug fixes
- Fix bug: error occurs during upgrade from version 7.0.6 or older
- Improve logs for languages with non-Latin alphabet (Arabic, Hebrew, ..etc)
- Supports compression of files with names with non-Latin alphabet (Arabic, Hebrew, ..etc)
- Other improvements
Learn more about Qalyptus