Qalyptus September 2023
We are happy to announce the release of the Qalyptus September 2023 version. This new version comes with many improvements and bug fixes. This release notes largely concerns Qalyptus Cloud.
1- Support for Identity Providers in Qalyptus Cloud
By default, Qalyptus Cloud authenticates users with the Qalyptus authentication system. You can now configure Qalyptus Cloud to authenticate your users with your Identity Providers like Okta, Auth0, Azure AD, Ping Identity, etc.
Qalyptus Cloud also supports Qlik Sense OAuth. Qalyptus will use the authentication system configured for your Qlik Sense tenant to authenticate the users.
You can configure multiple Identity Providers, but you can use only one per Qalyptus Cloud organization.
Learn more on the Qalyptus documentation website.
2- Introduce Qalyptus Cloud Extension for Qlik Sense SaaS
Qalyptus Cloud Extension is a Qlik Sense Cloud extension that allows users to access the Qalyptus Cloud capabilities from their Qlik Sense apps.
Qalyptus Cloud Extension offers the following features:
- Create custom reports using Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Generate reports in different formats (PDF, Xlsx, Pptx, etc.) on-demand with the current Qlik Sense app selections
- Schedule tasks to distribute reports to recipients
- Folow the task execution status
You can use Qlik Sense OAuth to authenticate the users with the Qlik Sense session.
3- Improvements in storage services
Three improvements have been added to storage services:
When Qalyptus tries to store report files in SharePoint or OneDrive, if the file with the same name exists and it is locked, Qalyptus will create a new file with a new name (Example: <file-name> 1.xlsx).
When Qalyptus tries to save the report file in a storage service, if an error occurs, Qalyptus will stop the distribution process and make the task’s status Error.
If a storage service is disconnected, you can now reconnect it to give access again to Qalyptus to this storage service.
4- Other improvements and bug fixes
- Qalyptus Desktop and Qalyptus Server: Fix exporting object as an image issue that occurs with Qlik Sense Enterprise August 2023.
- Qalyptus Cloud: Improve image quality when exporting a Qlik Sense sheet.
- Qalyptus Cloud: Use the task or the user time zone when a report name contains a date or time.
- Qalyptus Cloud: Fix issue: The app theme is not applied in some situations.